Popular for their elegant blue color, Sapphire gemstones are a highly durable gem variety from the Corundum mineral family. However, you may also find sapphires for sale in varied colors such as yellow sapphire, white sapphires, pink sapphire, among others. Sapphire is available as different colored stones due to the presence of impurities such as chromium, titan, vanadium, magnesium, and copper in these precious stones.
Properties of Sapphire Stones
- Color – White, Grey, Yellow, Green, Pink, Purple, and more
- Refractive-index range – Between 1.757-1.779
- Hardness – 9 Mohs
- Heat sensitivity – No
- Luster – Vitreous, Adamantine
- Transparency – Transparent, Opaque
- Luminescence – UV-long, UV-short, X-ray, Fluorescent
- Mineral specie – Corundum
There are no reviews yet.