The nine planets (Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus, Saturn, Rahu and Ketu) play a major role in our life. Describing the significance of worshipping Navgrahas (nine planets), Lord Vishnu told Rudra -One who worships the Navgraha with appropriate rituals attains all the four purusharth (objectives of man’s life):- dharma (religion), artha (materialistic abundance), kaam (fulfillment of desires) and moksha (salvation). The Navagraha puja is recommended for all, particularly for those horoscopes where planets are in detrimental or malefic positions.
The nine planets
- Worship of the Sun(Surya) promotes strength and courage, dominance over enemies, success and renown, health and prosperity, and relief from chronic diseases.
- Worship of the Moon(Chandra) is immensely beneficial for mental peace, charming personality, excellent control over emotions, wealth, fame, and success in life.
- Worship of Mars(Mangal) offers magnificent health, wealth, power, and prosperity in life and alleviates the chances of accidents, robberies, fatal attacks, and imprisonment.
- Worship of Mercury(Budha) grants wisdom, commercial success and growth, wealth, relief from diseases related to the nervous system and body functions.
- Worship of Jupiter(Guru) purifies negative and bad emotions and gives virtuous strength and valour. Other things boosted by this puja are health and longevity, high education and philosophical skills, wealth and fortune, progeny-related blessings, and religious tendencies.
- Worship of Venus(Shukra) blesses good and strong love and relationships, the longevity of life, wealth and affluence, advancement in education and art, eminence in media. lovely children, and well-rounded domestic happiness.
- Worship of Saturn(Shani) promotes mental peace, health and happiness, and prosperity, and is very instrumental for reducing the intensity of hardship caused by adversities.
- Worship of Rahu(Dragon’s Head) offers longevity of life, enhancement of power, deep and discerning understanding of things, and high social reputation.
- Worship of Ketu(Dragon’s Tail) promotes health, wealth, luck, domestic happiness, and well-rounded prosperity of the devotee, and reduces the chances of loss of property and death caused by poisonous substances.
Puja service includes:
- Pujan & Sthapana (installation) of Ganesh.
- Navgraha, Shiva
- Invocation mantras
- 11 malas of the beej mantras of the nine planets.
- Aarti, Navgraha Havan.