Lord Ganesha is God of wisdom, knowledge, and prosperity. Ganesh is the God of wisdom who removes obstacles from one’s path. He is worshipped for siddhi, success in undertakings, and buddhi, intelligence. He is also the God of education, knowledge and wisdom, literature, and the fine arts.
list of items need in Ganesh pooja
- Panchamrit (made of ghee, milk, curd, honey and sugar)
- A piece of fresh yellow cloth for Ganesha.
- Kumkum, Akshat, Haldi, Chandan, Kapur , Dhoop and Agarbatti, Janeyu
- Metal lamp and oil or ghee and cotton wicks
- A big tray or trays for keeping all these item
- You would need a Chaupayi or a low wooden platform to place the idol of Lord Ganesha.
- A piece of fresh yellow or red cloth for covering the platform.
- Lord Ganesh loves red hibiscus flowers. So you can get some red hibiscus or any other flowers like mogra, champa, rajnigandhi ,
- 11 Modak and 11 laddos or as many as you like. Check out this link to know why Modaks are so important during Ganesh Puja.
- Kheer or barfi and bhog. You could prepare dal, rice, pooris and sabzi without onions and garlic and offer it as bhog.
Here’s wishing one and all a very blissful Ganesh pooja
There are no reviews yet.